South Florida Mitsubishi Enthusiasts

The Online Home for South Florida Mitsubishi & DSM Enthusiasts!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:12 pm 

Copy/paste/merge of two posts in another thread announcing this at "the other DSM forum":

On Sunday the 15th of February, 2009 we will be having a DSM BBQ shoot off at Tropical Park around 11:00am. We're trying to get as many DSM's as we can so if your near the area and want to swing by, please feel free.

Address to Tropical Park is 7900 SW 40th St, Miami, FL‎. We'll be parking across from the MCDonalds side on Bird Road (north side of the park itself). See:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/RaisingCane/98%20Mitsu%20Eclipse%20GST/DSMmeetTropicalPark.jpg

The parking lot has no BBQs so if anyone wants to bring theirs and or/ small coolers the cooking can be football game tailgate style I guess. There is also the McDonlads directly across the street.

The nice thing about this spot is its totally visible to the traffic on Bird Road SW (40 St).

One request people: Once there please do not go absolutely nuts with revving engines, BOV salutes, smoking tires, or stuff other park patrons might complain about. The last thing we need is the park officers or cops to toss us all out. Just chill out and we can do this regularly w/o harrassment.

The following may change (frequency and venue) but:

We're also having the usual meets on Mondays/Thursdays If the Sunday shoot-out goes well, we could do something like it once a month or so. . All depends how big the turnout is. It'll be during the day too so we should be able to get some awesome pictures/video's. We want the meets to be consistent so we all have a place to hang out and learn/have fun from one another. Only groups I see doing that are Honda's and as much as I hate Honda's, they are organized as hell and show up to places together/all cruise together. If we could grow into that we'd defiantly be breaking neck.

Monday Meets:Bird Road & 87 Avenue (La Carreta) in Miami 9PM ish
Thursday Meets:Bird Road & 87 Avenue (La Carreta) 8PM ish

My ride:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/RaisingCane/98%20Mitsu%20Eclipse%20GST/98GSTMiami2.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:35 pm 

Car: 92 GST
I edited only the [img] tag of your post.
The url link still works and takes you to the image.

Some of us don't have 30" monitors and have to scroll all-------->the way over there,
to finish reading a sentence.

Carry on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:44 pm 

Sigh, I feel embarrassed bringing out my car to these meets. Especially after seeing photos of everyone else's cars. Mine is beat up and multicolored... Oh well. I'll still be out there :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:37 pm 
Site Admin

Who is "we" ?

RIP: Raul Ortiz - 02/29/2008 -- Westley Hess - 12/30/2008 -- W.G.L. - 4/24/2010

Life member: NRA, GOA, SAF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:03 pm 

"We" is a currently disorganized group of people in Miami who own DSMs.

Many are on DSMTuners and/or DSMTalk

Its about 15 or so total and this group has been informally meeting on evening nights in the vicinity of Tropical Park. Last meet we decided to do a daytime meet hence this one. Everyone is spreading the word to get as many DSMs as possible to this.

PS to Moderator: Sorry about the original pic size being so large - thanks for editing to have just the link to the site map.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:08 am 

i wish i lived closer... i wouldve definitely come and since i have this big project for school :( got to study!!! lol maybe some other time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:46 am 
Site Admin

SeaveeDSM wrote:
"We" is a currently disorganized group of people in Miami who own DSMs.

Many are on DSMTuners and/or DSMTalk

Its about 15 or so total and this group has been informally meeting on evening nights in the vicinity of Tropical Park. Last meet we decided to do a daytime meet hence this one. Everyone is spreading the word to get as many DSMs as possible to this.

PS to Moderator: Sorry about the original pic size being so large - thanks for editing to have just the link to the site map.

Ah, very cool. I've often wondered if there was a new DSM crowd in Miami.

You folks are all very welcome to come and sign up on the board here; we used to have a local group of folks in Miami as well as the group in Broward (most of us would try to make it out to both meets if we could).

As with everything though, a couple years ago the interests of the core members in the Miami group shifted more towards crotch rockets and the meets ended up coming to a stop (nobody stepped up to fill their shoes to keep the meets going). Those meets used to be at the Dennys on Bird Rd.

RIP: Raul Ortiz - 02/29/2008 -- Westley Hess - 12/30/2008 -- W.G.L. - 4/24/2010

Life member: NRA, GOA, SAF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:13 pm 

ahh, the good ol days :P . I'll be there if I can find some injectors.